- This event has passed.
Food for Fines
September 4 - 16
Food for Fines will return September 10-16, 2018
To date, Food for Fines has collected more than 100,000 food items for local charities and food pantries!
Bring boxed or canned nonperishable food items to any MCPL location to pay off your overdue fines and help out your local community. Each single food item will count as $1 off existing overdue fines or replacement card charges, up to $10. You are also welcome to donate items even if you do not have any library fines.
- Boxed meals
- Canned soup
- Canned meat, fruit, or vegetables
- Peanut butter
- Sugar free/low sodium/gluten free products
Please be aware:
- No expired items
- No damaged items
- No glass, plastic, or cardboard drink containers
- No open packages
- No non-nutritious items such as candy, chips, etc.
- Ramen noodles (and other multi-pack items) will be accepted at a value of 4 packages = $1